Practice is on! The World Education Games are right around the corner. Compete with 5.5 million students in about 250 counties in Math, Science and/or Literacy.
My class logged in for the first time today and had a chance to try the practice sessions. They are really excited to participate. The students are matched up randomly for the one minute practice sessions. They are able to move up in difficulty as they play. They are especially excited to see which counties their partners are in. Registration is quick and easy.
Here is some information for anyone with students or children ages 4-18:
What is the World Education Games?
- The World Education Games is an annual global online challenge to get all students (4-18 years of age) excited about learning, and to give the top students in all schools an opportunity to see how they measure up against the best in the world.
- Free entry allows all students to get involved and celebrate their education with equal opportunities.
- Split over three days and focusing on literacy, mathematics and science, the World Education Games is a hugely exciting and engaging way to promote learning and education across the world.
- Our partners UNICEF and Samsung work with us to promote our key message of Education For All.
How and when can I sign in and begin taking part?
- The registration period for the World Education Games opened on February 1, 2013.
- Registration is FREE, quick and easy and can be done through the website www.worldeducationgames.com.
- When registering, you will be able to specify whether you are a teacher, parent or student and will be sent log-in details accordingly, by email. As soon as you (or your students) are registered, you can sign in immediately to begin the “warm-up” practice period. During this time, all users will have full access to the three event platforms to prepare for the main days of competition in March.
1 February – The Games platform opens for registrations and the official warm-up period for students begins.
5 March* – World Literacy Day
6 March* – World Math Day
7 March* – World Science Day
22 March – Global award presentations begin with the Official World Education Games Awards Ceremony, to be held in 2013 at the Sydney Opera House.
*Note – events begin as soon as it is the designated start date anywhere in the world. Based on your geographic location, this may be the previous calendar day in your country.